– I have learned to tell lies to escape bad memories that come from telling my stories. –
– I hate it when a dictionary defines one word with another word I do not know. –
– Sometimes you do something and it is only after that you think of the why. Sometimes there is no why. –
– When our women and children can’t read and write, is this supposed to help them take over Nigeria? –
– ‘Were you wondering what the moral of the story was?’ he asks, turning around.
‘Yes, Sheikh,’ I reply.
‘There is no moral. I just felt like telling you a story.’ –